Chicken marsala with a chardonnay base - very good over pasta. Easy chic!
Serves: 4-6 Preparation time: Cooking time:
4 boneless chicken breasts
For chicken batter:
1/4 t salt
1/4 t pepper
1 cup flour
5 T butter
4 pressed garlic cloves
1/2 t thyme
1/2 t sage
1/2 t salt
2 cups white wine (Chardonnay seems to be the best)
1 cup chicken broth
1.Cut up all Chicken Breasts into bite sized cubes.
2. Melt 3 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet. Mix together the flour and the salt and pepper meant for the batter. Coat all chicken cubes and brown in skillet. Remove and place in a shallow dish and cover (this keeps juices in).
4. Melt down the rest of the butter, and mix in garlic, and all spices. Add chicken back into the mix and coat throughly.
5. Add in White wine, allow to come to a boil for 5-7 minutes. The wine will cook down and thicken.
6. Add in chicken broth, bring to a boil and, as with the wine, simmer (which will also thicken) for an additional 5-7 minutes.
7. Serve over pasta or eat by itself - enjoy!