500 g chicken breast, skinned
1 clove of garlic, crushed
60 ml soy sauce (1/4 c)
60 ml lemon juice (1/4 c)
½ small grated onion
vegetables e.g. onion slices, whole button mushrooms, etc.
1. Cut skinned chicken into cubes large enough to not tear apart on a skewer and place in a shallow dish.
2 In a glass bowl, mix the garlic, soy sauce, lemon juice, and onion.
3. Microwave the marinade on high for 1-2 minutes to cook the onion.
4. Pour over chicken kebabs
5. Marinade for at least 1 hour, preferably overnight.
6. Thread chicken cubes onto skewers, alternating with vegetables, of your choice.
7. Braai or grill the kebabs until just done, turning them every 2 – 3 minutes. Be careful not to overcook them as they will then dry out.
8. Serve with 45ml (3T) satay (peanut) sauce per kebab, lower GI rice* (¾ cup uncooked rice for four people) and a salad or cooked vegetables e.g. stir fry cabbage.
See recipe below for Satay Sauce.
Soak skewers in water for 1 hour to prevent burning.