1 whole chicken, cut into pieces.
10 shallots (sliced)
10 cloves of garlic (sliced)
5 cm of Ginger (sliced)
3 red chillies
3 cubes of Chicken Stock
A jug of water
1/4 cup of sesame oil
Oil (for frying)
3 tbsp of light soy sauce
3 tbsp of soy sauce
2 tbsp of oyster sauce
3 cups of rice (uncooked)
1. Fry about 3/4 of the sliced shallots, garlic and ginger (the other 1/4 will be used to make the chilli sauce later) until brown.
2. Add in a jug of water and let it simmer.
3. Mix in 2 cubes of Chicken Stock and the chicken pieces and let boil til the chicken is cooked, add salt & MSG.
That's the soup that you will be using to cook the nasi ayam.
4. From the soup, take about 3 1/2 cups of the soup, add in another cube of chicken stock and salt & MSG just to flavor the rice once cooked.
5. How to cook the rice, just cook it like you cook your rice at home...with a rice cooker but instead of water, you'd be using the soup you made. Simple no?
The next step is to make the chilli sauce;
6. With a blender just blend the remaining shallots, garlic & ginger and the red chillies (I would add more ginger to give more..zingg)
7. Pour mixture to a cup of chicken soup, add in a pinch of sugar and mix well.
8. Strain it until you get a clear chilli mixture.
Chilli sauce done, now the chicken;
9. Mix together sesame oil, soy sauce & oyster sauce and 1/2 cup of the chicken soup.
10. Marinate the cooked chicken with the soy sauce mixture for about 15 minutes then fry until chicken is crispy dark brown.
11. After frying, boil the soy sauce mixture. There, you have your soy sauce for the Nasi Ayam.
To serve, you have the rice, what's left of the chicken soup, the chilli sauce, the soy sauce and the chicken. Enjoy!