* 1 16 oz pkg (about 4 cups) dried rice noodles, soaked 3 minutes
* 2 oz (50 grams) pork, cut into small pieces
* 3 eggs
* 1 pc bean curd (tofu), diced
* 9 oz (250 grams) bean sprout
* 2 oz (50 grams) Chinese chives (or substitute scallions)
* 1 tbsp chopped shallot
* 1 tbsp chopped garlic
* 3 tbsp chopped salted Chinese radish
* 1 tsp chili powder
* 1/2 cup ground roasted peanuts
* 4 tbsp coconut palm sugar
* 3 tbsp fish sauce
* 4 tbsp tamarind water or vinegar
* 1/4 cup water
* 8 tbsp cooking oil
* Fresh vegetables: bean sprouts and lime wedges for garnish
1. Fry shallot and garlic in 3 Tbsp of oil over medium heat until fragrant.
2. Add noodles and water, stir until tender.
3. Season with sugar, fish sauce and tamarind juice. Stir well, then push the noodles to the side of the wok.
4. Add 3 tbsp of oil to the same wok, add pork, salted radish, bean curd and chili powder.
5. Saute until the pork is done, toss well with the fried noodles, then push the mixture back to the side of the wok again.
6. Put 2 tbsp of oil in the wok, break the eggs in and stir until done.
7. Toss again with the noodles, add the bean spouts and Chinese chives if using. Stir until everything is done.
8. Transfer to a serving dish, sprinkle roasted peanuts on top. Serve with fresh vegetables.
(thanks to templeofthai.com)