2 tbsp peanut oil
1/2 cup shelled peanuts
300 grams boneless chicken breasts cubed
1 fresh red chile, sliced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 tbsp rice wine or dry sherry
1 tbsp soy sauce
1.5 tsp light brown sugar
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp grated ginger root
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
1 tsp sesame oil
1) Heat the peanut oil in a pre-heated wok or large, heavy-bottom skillet.
2) Add the peanuts to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute. Remove the peanuts with a slotted spoon and reserve.
3) Add the chicken to the wok and cook for 1-2 minutes.
4) Stir in the chile and bell pepper and cook for 1 minute. Remove the chicken, chile, and bell pepper from the wok with a slotted spoon and reserve until required.
5) Place half of the peanuts in a food processor and process until almost smooth. If necessary, add a little stock to form a smoother paste. Alternatively, place them a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
6) To make the sauce, add the chicken stock, rice wine, light soy sauce, light brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and rice wine vinegar to the wok.
7) Heat the sauce without boiling and stir in peanut paste, the remaining peanuts, and the chicken mixture. Mix well until all the ingredients are thoroughly blended.
8) Sprinkle the sesame oil into the wok, the stir and cook for 1 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a warmed serving dish and serve immediately.