1/2 cup non-hydrogenated margarine
1/2 cup flour - I thickened with arrowroot
1/4 cup boiling water
3 tablespoon tamari
1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic (or garlic powder)
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 cup nutritional yeast
1/4 cup olive oil
*crushed red pepper or paprika optional
Panko breadcrumbs mixed with rosemary - OPTIONAL
unsweetened soy milk
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Cook broccoli and cauliflower in boiling water for 3 minutes - I steamed it
3. Drain and set aside.
4. Blend together milk, oil, flour or arrowroot, nutritional yeast flakes, salt, and nutmeg until smooth.
5. Cook, stirring well, over medium heat in a saucepan until thickened.
6. Turn off heat.
7. Add broccoli and cauliflower to saucepan and stir until combined.
8. Pour mixture into a greased 8x8-inch casserole dish.
9. Sprinkle panko bread crumbs (if you want), cheese, paprika, and then parsley over the top.
10. Cook for 10 minutes.