2 teaspoons canola oil
1 bay leaf
1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and very thinly sliced, or to taste
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 pound peeled and deveined raw shrimp (16 to 20 per pound)
3 medium tomatoes, diced
1/4 cup thinly sliced pitted green olives
1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2. Add bay leaf and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add onion, jalapeños and garlic and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes.
4. Stir in shrimp, cover and cook until pink and just cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Stir in tomatoes and olives. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, replace cover and cook
until the tomatoes are almost broken down, 2 to 3 minutes more.
6. Remove the bay leaf. Serve with lime wedges.