1. Trim chillies and chop finely - you might need to use gloves for this if you have sensitive skin! If you like a hotter sauce, leave the seeds in.
2. Mix all ingredients together in a large stainless steel saucepan and bring to the boil.
3. Cook for about an hour, adding more water if it needs it.
4. Allow to cool in the pot, then blend with a Bamix or blender.
5. Sterilize jars and lids by boiling for at least 10mins in a large pot of water then pour the sauce into the jars.
6. Seal the jars and stand in a large pot of cold water. Bring the water to the boil and allow to boil for 30mins, then turn off the heat and leave the jars in the water to cool.
7. This sauce is particularly good with meat, chicken, frittata and some cheeses. Enjoy!