Combine the 4 C strawberries with sugar, toss, and put if fridge for about 1/2 hour or more to macerate
1)Preheat oven to 450 deg and grease cookie sheet
2) combine flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and butter in food processor and pulse chop until it resembles coarse meal. Transfer to bowl
3) Add milk and mix with spoon until just combined and dough holds together.
4) Divide into about 8 dollops onto greased cookie sheet and shape wiht hands into a vaguely roundish shape. Bake about 20 minutes
1) strain excess juice out of mashed strawberries
2) whip cream until peaks form
3)fold strawberries into whipped cream
4) add confectioners sugar to taste
5) put in fridge for 15-30 min to firm up a bit
Put it together:
cut shortcake in half, put big glob of fool on bottom, then spoon on lots of macerated strawberries and their juice, then the top half of the cake.