2oz Butter (or Olive oil)
4oz Onions, peeled & chopped
6oz Potatoes, peeled & chopped
10oz Carrots, peeled & chopped
5oz Parsnips, peeled & chopped
3pts Vegetable Stock
Pinch Salt & Pepper
1. Melt the butter in a large sauce pan / pot
2. Stir in the onions, potatoes and salt & pepper. Sweat ingredients on low heat for 5 mins, until onions soften.
3. Add Carrots, parsnips and leave for 5 mins
4. Add stock, stir, bring to boil and stir. Cover and leave to simmer for 30 mins or until ingredients soften.
5. Set a bowlful aside and blend the rest.
6. Pour some of the whole ingredients into each bowl and fill with the blended soup.
7. Garnish with fresh parsley (and/or fresh cream)