1. Mix milk, sugar & salt together
2. Stir yeast into above to dissolve.
3. Stir in 2 beaten eggs.
4. Add 1/2 c soft shortening.
5. Mix in 7 - 7 1/2 c sifted flour.
6. (the recipe didn't say, but here you would knead the dough)
7. Let rise until double. (Knead a bit more here)
8. Roll out.
9. Sprinkle on brown sugar and cinnamon generously (I also buttered, as I remembered my Dad always doing this too).
10. Roll up.
11. Cut into slices.
12. Place loosely spaced in greased pans. (about 4 round or 2 large).
13. Let rise to double.
14. Bake at 375 for 20-30 min.
The frosting is just a mixture of butter, milk, and powdered sugar that is never measured. Grandma always made it thin and runny, and my dad made it thick, like frosting!