PREP: Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter well. The sugar and butter should have a nice creamy texture.
2. Add the Karo syrup, salt, and vanilla. Mix again.
3. Add eggs one at a time and mix after each one.
4. Pour the syrup mixture into the uncooked pie crust.
5. Arrange pecan pieces on top in a circular pattern, or you can stir those in with
the Karo syrup mixture in the mixing bowl. If you are using pecan pieces versus whole nut half pieces, then stirring in is easier. The nuts rise to the top in any case. If you have large nut pieces, you can get a prettier pattern with hand placing them.
6. Bake the pecan pie in preheated oven at 350 degrees F for around 45 minutes. The pie should be fairly solid with maybe a little give in the middle when it’s done. If it is still soupy when you tap the top with your finger, then cook a little longer watching closely.