1 1/2 C corn meal
1 1/2 - 2 C Parmesan cheese
6 C water
2 t salt
2 T butter
Pork and Tomatoes:
3 whole pork tenderloins (approximately 12 oz each)
6 T clarified butter
Salt and pepper, as needed
2 T dry sherry
2 lbs heirloom tomatoes, cored and chopped
2 T garlic, chopped
1 T basil, chiffonade (rolled and sliced to create thin ribbons or strips)
1 t thyme, chopped
1. (Polenta) Boil water. Add salt and butter, then add 1 1/2 C corn meal gradually, stirring constantly with a whisk. When the mixture starts to thicken, add the cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted.
2. (Pork and Tomatoes) Heat the oven to 250 degrees F.
3. Cut each tenderloin into 4 pieces. Pound thin, season with salt and pepper and coat lightly with flour. In a large skillet cook the tenderloin pieces slowly in clarified butter until well browned on one side. Turn and cook 2 minutes longer.
4. Remove to an oven-safe platter and keep warm while cooking additional batches.
5. Add garlic to the pan and cook until it is aromatic, then add chopped tomatoes. Season and taste. Add herbs.
6. Add pork and any drippings back into the pan with the tomatoes to coat.