2 medium sized cod loin (i covered them in lemon juice, pepper and a pinch of salt and left in the fridge for few hours before cooking)
1 medium aubergine, sliced
2 medium sized carrots, peeled and cut lengthwise
6 small vivaldi potatoes, peeled and boiled
20g low fat cheddar cheese, grated
50ml extra thick double cream
1 teaspoon olive oil
salt and pepper
for the sauce:
150g cooked, peeled prawns
4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 lemon - rind and juice
juice of 1/4 lime
100ml extra thick double cream
1. Start by preheating the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
2. Using a spray oil, cover the bottom of a baking dish or baking sheet with an even layer. place the carrots and aubergines on the tray. Cook in preheated oven.
3. Once potatoes are cooked, and while still warm, mash with 50ml extra thick double cream and 20g grated cheese. Mash until smooth!
4. Preheat a frying pan. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Wait until oil is hot. Add your two preseasoned cod loins after a small dip in plain flour (dipping in plain flour optional). Cook cod loins, turning over every 30 seconds until entire cod is cooked - there should be no pink or pale white flesh. You should see a solid white colour.
5. Meanwhile, over a low heat, prepare your sauce - combine the lemon juice, lemon rind and double cream and heat over a low heat, stirring. Once heated and you have a smooth sauce, add the chopped parsley. Stir for approximately 1-2 mins. Then add cooked prawns and gently heat through.
6. Serve on a dish with the aubergine slices forming your platform for your cod, carrot lengths on top and few dollops of cheesy, creamy mash around the outside. Then cover with creamy sauce and serve hot!
p.s. if anyone has any suggestions for improvement, i welcome them and your feedback if you try this.