1. Mix butter and sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
2. Add vanilla and egg, beat until smooth.
3. Sift in flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
4. Mix in oats, chocolate and fruit.
5. Line two large baking trays with baking paper.
6. Roll tablespoons of the mixture into balls, place on tray, and flatten slightly.
7. Bake in oven at 180 deg C for 15-20 mins or until golden brown.
8. Remove from oven, allow to stand for 10 mins then transfer to wire cooling rack to cool completely.