2 cups flour
1.5 cups sugar
2 tsp baking soda
2 cups crushed pineapple, undrained
1 stick butter or oleo (c. 120g)
¾ cup sugar
1 small can evaporated milk
1 cup pecan nuts / walnuts
1 cup coconut
1 tsp vanilla
1. Combine all the cake ingredients in a large mixing bowl, blending well.
2. Pour into well greased oblong baking pan (making one or more cakes).
3. Bake in a preheated oven at 350F (Reg. 4) for 40-50 minutes.
4. When cooked, prick top several times with point of sharp knife.
1. Combine butter, sugar and evaporated milk in saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Simmer for 2 minutes, then remove from heat.
3. Add pecans, coconut and vanilla, and stir together.
4. Pour this mixture over the still warm cake.
Best if served next day (refrigerate overnight).