This is meant to be jarred, and can be stored for years if you wish. Usually you only use one-two tablespoons in soup, pasta sauces, rice, paelha, marinades etc- so it serves alot of people in the end!!
4 kg ripe red peppers
5 Whole Garlic bulbs, cloves peeled
2 cups Olive Oil
1/2 cup salt
10 long red chillies
1 1/2 cup white vinegar
1. Roast the peppers until the skin is black and blistered, and place in a biiiig bowl. Cover with cling film, when cool remove skin. Blend the peppers untill finely blended and place into a biiiig pot.
2. Peel the garlic cloves and blend with the vinegar and olive oil. Pour into the red pepper mix with the salt.
3. Chop the chillies finely and add to the mix.
My Favourite uses for Calda de Pimentao
1. Put 3 tbs in a chicken marinade- with slices of lemon and bbq
2. Put 2 tbs in with uncooked rice and stock, with chorizo, peas and carrots for savoury rice
3. Cook 4tbs with bacon and tomato puree and mix with pasta