- half a small watermelon or a quarter large one*
- 250 grams greek feta cheese
- 100 grams of pine nuts
- extra virgin olive oil
- aceto balsamico di modena / dark balsamic vinegar
* make sure you do not serve melon directly from the refrigerator because the sweet flavour is released better at room temperature. also, when choosing a melon, hold it up to your ear ( touching your ear ) and knock on it. if it makes a hollow sound rather than a dull one the chance of it being nice and ripe is higher.
1. roast the pine nuts in a frying pan with a little bit of olive oil, until they turn golden-ish.
2. chop watermelon and feta in 2 x 2 cm cubes ( 1 x 1 inch ), add pine nuts and season with the amounts to your taste ( too much vinegar kills it though ), mix, serve.