1 lb boneless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 pinch cayenne (optional)
1 bell pepper, any color, seeded and sliced in strips
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 tomato, seeded and diced
4 flat bread
Cilantro Cream Sauce
1/2 cup sour cream
1/8 cup finely chopped cilantro
1 green onion, chopped
2 teaspoons lime juice
1. Mix sauce ingredients together and refrigerate.
2. In a non stick skillet over moderate heat warm each flat bread on both sides until warm and soft.
3. Remove from pan, cover with foil and place under a kitchen towel to keep warm.
4. Pound chicken breasts a little to flatten and create a more uniform thickness.
5. Mix ginger, paprika and garlic powder together, adding salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.
6. Drizzle a little olive oil on the breasts and rub with the spice mixture. If you like spicier food feel free to increase the amounts of seasonings to meet your taste.
7. Grill whole chicken breast over medium heat until juices run clear and then slice into strips
~OR~ slice each breast into strips and saute until browned and thoroughly cooked. Add a little oil if needed to prevent sticking.
8. Remove chicken from pan or push to the sides, away from hottest part of pan.
9. Add onions and bell peppers to pan and cook just until crisp tender or cooked to your liking.
Spread cream sauce on a warm flat bread. Add chicken strips, peppers, onions and tomato.
Top with additional cream sauce, more salt, pepper or spices IF DESIRED. A squirt of fresh lime is also very tasty and refreshing. Customize it to your liking.
Fold in half like a taco or roll up like a burrito or a wrap.