1 cup flour
2tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
2tbs caster sugar
2 eggs, separated
1 cup milk
1 cup cherries (150g), pitted & roughly chopped
a knob of butter
1. Sift the flour, baking powder & salt into a bowl. Mix in 1tbs of the sugar.
2. In another bowl, mix together the egg yolks, vanilla & milk.
3. Whisk the egg whites & the remaining tbs of caster sugar until firm.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients & pour in the milk mixture. Mid gradually to combine. Then gently fold in the egg whites & cherries.
5. Melt the butter in a frying pan & add ladlefuls of mixture. Fry each pancake until bubbles appear, then turn & cook on the other side until golden.
6. To serve, dust with icing sugar & top with fresh cherries, icecream & cream if desired.