• 2 lb. red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1/4 tsp. salt (optional)
• 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
• 4 thick slices bacon, diced
• 1 medium red onion, chopped
• 1/3 cup cider vinegar
• 1/3 cup chicken broth
• 1/2 tsp. salt
• 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
• 1/2 cup coarsely snipped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. In a large saucepan, combine potatoes, enough water to cover, and, if desired, the 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Add corn; cook for 1 to 2 minutes more or until potatoes are tender. Drain well; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, for dressing, in a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon, reserving drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels.; set aside.
3. Add onion to the drippings in skillet. Cook over medium heat until onion is tender. Carefully add vinegar, broth, the 1/2 teaspoon salt, and the crushed red pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in parsley. Gently stir in potatoes and bacon. Cook, stirring gently, for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through. Makes 8 servings.
4. Make-ahead tip: Prepare as directed. Transfer to a microwave-safe 2-quart casserole; cover and chill for up to 24 hours. To serve, microwave, covered, on 100% power (high) for 6 to 8 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Stir before serving.