Garlic - 2 cloves, chopped.
Handful of green beans (optional)
4 Free range eggs, beaten
Spoonful tamarind paste.
Couple of spoonfuls of dried shrimp (optional, but o so good)
Chopped chili (1 or 2 or more if you like it hot)
1/2 kg rice noodles (I use fresh, if using dried, cook first)
Few slurps of dark soy sauce
Few slurps of fish sauce
Few slurps of lemon or lime juice (fish sauce and lemon/lime juice must be same quantity)
Scattering of sugar (brown, white, palm, whatever)
2 -4 spring onions - chopped.
Grated carrot (optional)
Crushed roasted peanuts.
1. Soak tamarind paste in hot water. Drain and keep the liquid.
2. Heat oil and garlic in a wok.
3. Add beans, chili and some of the tamarind water and stir fry for a minute or two.
4. Add dried shrimp.
5. Push other ingreds to side of wok and pour in eggs. Stir round till cooked and broken up.
6. Add rice noodles.
7. Add rest of sauces - soy, fish, lemon/lime, rest of tamarind paste.
8. Stir round till all mixed up.
9. Add carrots, spring onion, bean shoots and peanuts and stir again.
9. Taste for seasonings, if too salty add more lemon/lime.