1/2 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cups finely chopped, toasted almonds, divided
1 package lemon pie filling + dessert mix
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Cream butter, and sugar; add flour and mix until combined. Stir in half of almonds.
2. Press dough into bottom of lightly greased 13 x 9 pan.
3. Bake at 350F for 12 minutes, or until edges are just starting to brown.
4. Meanwhile, add lemon pie filling and lemon zest to eggs, stirring until combined and dissolved. Spread evenly over crust. Sprinkle with remainder of almonds.
5. Bake an additional 10 minutes, or until set. Cool, cut into bars.
If desired, sift icing sugar over cooled bars and garnish with almonds or lemon jellies.