ripe but not too ripe peaches, as many as you wish, halved and pitted
16 oz. heavy cream
fresh ginger--a piece about 2" by 1" by 1", peeled and chopped
granulated sugar (though I bet brown sugar would be nice as well?)
1) Run the ginger through a garlic press to extract the lovely ginger juice. (Or, alternatively, mince to very fine consistency).
2) Whip the cream until thickened but not as stiff as you'd want it to be when you serve it (this is more art than science, but the point here is to leave room to beat in the ginger and sugar without accidentally making butter).
3) Add ginger juice and sugar to taste. Note that the ginger will intensify on standing if you use minced ginger.
4) Over a medium grill (we used one that had cooked down a bit), grill the peach halves cut side down for about 8 minutes, or until they are warm and juicy and have char marks on them.
5) Anoint grilled peaches with ginger cream. Devour. Regret eating dinner first.