1 cup brown sugar, packed
6 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 1/2-3 cups walnut halves
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Combine brown sugar, milk, grated orange peel, salt and cinnamon in large saucepan.
2. Stir to combine. Cook over low heat until candy thermometer registers 236 degrees.
3. Remove from heat and add nuts and vanilla.
4. Stir mixture until it begins to look grainy.
5. Turn out onto wax paper and separate nuts to cool entirely.
6. Will keep in covered containers in refrigerator but do not freeze.
7. **Does not work well on Brazil nuts. Coating does not stick.
8. *I have used up to 4 cups of nuts per batch with good results.