½ pint [290ml] milk
4 eggs, beaten
9oz [255g] plain flour, sifted
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220C [425F or Gas 7].
2. Grease a Yorkshire pudding/bun case tin with a little vegetable oil. Place the tin in the oven to preheat.
3. Beat the milk, eggs and seasoning together in a bowl then whisk in the flour.
5. Remove the tin from the oven and pour in the batter to about three quarters full.
6. Put the tin back in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, or until puffy and raised.
7. Remove from the oven and serve.