* 1 tablespoon butter
* 3 slices bacon, chopped
* 2 pounds beef short ribs, cut into 2 inch pieces
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 cup beef broth
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 1/4 cup red wine
* 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and brown the bacon and beef short ribs, stirring constantly for about 10 minutes.
3. Transfer ribs and bacon to a 2 quart baking dish. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in the beef broth, lemon juice and red wine. Sprinkle in oregano. Mix well and cover the dish.
4. Bake in the preheated oven 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until the meat may be easily separated from the bone. Spoon off excess fat before serving.