3 1/2 oz. bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
3 1/2 unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1/2 (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 1/3 cup sugar
4 large eggs, at room temperature
1 3/4 cup cake flour
1 1/2 Tbl. unsweetened cocoa powder, natural or Dutch-process
pinch of salt
3/4 cup miniature chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
2. In a double-boiler, melt the bittersweet and unsweetened chocolate together
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat thte butter and sugar until very light and fluffy. Add the egss one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the melted chocolate.
4. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
5. Stire the dry ingredients into the chocolate mixture in 3 additions, then stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Fill each muffin cup with batter and bake for 18 mins. or until they feel quite soft in their centers when lightly pressed with fingertip. Do no overbake. Let cool for 10 mins. before removing from tins.