* 1/4 c honey
* 1/2 c fish sauce
* 4-5 toasted coriander seeds, crushed
* 1 clove garlic, sliced
* 1 lime’s juice
Mix together well and taste. Adjust ingredients to suit your taste.
* 4 oz smoked salmon, diced
* 1 avocado, diced
* finely chopped herb-mint, lemon verbena, kaffir lime leaves or any aromatic herb that you like
* Splash of Sriracha hot sauce
* 8-10 rice paper sheets, soaked in water
* 1/2 - 1 c oil or other fat
* pinch turmeric
See Vietnamese spring roll episode. Mix together the stuffing. Soak the rice paper. Gently fold the stuffing into the rice paper sheets. Keep covered with a damp cloth while preparing the rest of the spring rolls. Heat the oil and add a pinch of turmeric to help to counteract oxidization of the fats at high temperatures. Place the spring rolls in the fat with the seal side down. The oil should come up about half-way on the spring rolls. Do not try to deep fry these rolls as the stuffing will come out everywhere.
When golden and crispy on both sides remove from fat and let drain.
Serve with sauce and a variety of fresh herbs and salad greens to help to cut through the fat and assist with digestion.