1 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cup white flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use canola oil)
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup butter milk
3 ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven at 375 F (190 C). Spread a light coat of butter into a 12-muffin tray.
2. In a large bowl, mix the flour, the brown sugar, the baking powder, the baking soda and the salt.
3. In another smaller bowl, whisk the eggs, vegetable oil and vanilla together. Add the butter milk and mashed bananas, and mix.
4. Pour the liquid mix into the dry mix, and stir well with a wooden spoon, until the dry ingredients are wet.
5. Add the chocolate chips and mix.
6. Spread the muffin mix into a muffin tray (12 muffins). Place into the center of the preaheated oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes in the muffin tray. Remove the muffins and place them on a grill for cooling down.