1. Use old muffin scraps. (crumbled muffins)
Mix with some melted butter and line the bottom of the spring form or round cake pan.
1. Cream the sugar and cream cheese until sugar dissolves and mixture is light and creamy. Add in the eggs one at a time until incorporated.
2. Add in lemon juice, vanilla, salt and sour cream. Chill base.
3. Make cheesecake crust with melted butter and leftover muffins, graham cracker crumbs, etc.
4. Place chilled mixture in a spring-form pan and place in a 275-degree oven for one hour and 15 minutes. Turn off oven and leave cheesecake inside for an additional 30 minutes to set. Remove and chill. Top with lemon curd.
1. Whip sugar and eggs together over low heat in a small saucepan . . . be sure not to let the mixture curdle.
2. Add lemon juice and butter and continue to mix over low heat until mixture firms . . . chill and use for topping of cheesecake.