1 kilo pork ribs
10-15 pcs bua keluak, washed and soaked overnight
5 Bua Keras
three quarter rice bowl red onions
1 thumbsize Kunyit
one quarter rice bowl dried chillies
2 fresh red chillies
6 slices lengkuas
2 sticks lemongrass, sliced finely
half inch belachan
6 Kaffir Lime Leaves
1 rice bowl assam juice
1 rice bowl water
1. Soak overnight bua keluak - take out nuts, pound with salt and sugar and stuff back
2. For the rempah: 5 bua keras, 3/4 bowl of red onions,1 thumbsize kunyit, 1/4 bowl of dried chillies, 2 fresh chillies, a bit of lengkuas sliced fine, and the serai, 2 serai sliced fine, and a bit of belachan.
3. Fry rempah until naik minyak.
4. Add 1 rice bowl of assam juice, a bit of salt and sugar, and 1 rice bowl of water.
5. When this boils, add the pork ribs, lower the heat and simmer for half an hour.
6. Add the bua keluak and cook until meat is tender (about one hour).