Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
250 grams butter
3/4 cup sugar
grated zest from 1 lemon
200 to 250 ml sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Thoroughly butter and flour a 9-inch cake pan; tap pan on edge of sink to shake out excess flour.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl; set aside.
3. In bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar at low speed until blended, then beat at medium until mixture is very fluffy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time, scraping down side of bowl after each addition.
4. Add lemon zest and blend. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream and scraping down side of bowl after each addition.
5. Pour batter into prepared pan; bake in preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean (about 1 hour).
Cool in pan 20 minutes.