Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
300g Beef - slice against the grain
1 large onion, cut into wedges
1 Tbsp soy sauce
½ Tbsp water
½ Tbsp rice wine
1 Tbsp coenflour
2 Tbsp oil
3 Tbsp Shacha sauce æ²™èŒ¶é…± (taiwanese bbq sauce)
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1. Mix marinate ingredients (except the oil) to the beef. Best is to mix and grab with fingers. Set aside for about 5 minutes. Add in the oil just before frying (to prevent sticking).
2. Heat ½ bowl of oil in a frying pan till very hot. Add beef and stir fry very quickly. Dish up and remove excess oil.
3. Fry onion wedges with 2 Tbsp oil. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together. Add into the onions.
4. Add in the beef, mix well. Dish and serve.
* Lamb may be used instead, if preferred.