Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced celery
1 cup shredded carrots
2 tsp. minced garlic
2 tbs. olive oil, divided
¾ cup all-purpose flour
1 tbs. Italian seasoning
3-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 ½ cups water, divided
4 cups pasta sauce
1 10oz. pkg. baby spinach
¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
pasta (3-6 servings)
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté onion, celery, carrots, and garlic in 1 tbs. olive oil, just until soft, about 5 minutes. Meanwhile, combine flour and Italian seasoning in a wide bowl. Roll chicken in flour mixture to coat.
2. With a slotted spoon, remove vegetables from skillets; set aside. Brown chicken in remaining oil, cooking about 5 minutes on each side. Add ½ cup water to deglaze pan. Return vegetables to pan and stir in the sauce.
3. Cover and simmer 30-40 minutes until chicken is nearly cooked through.
4. Begin cooking pasta in separate pot towards the end of the 30-40 minutes.
5. Remove cover and sprinkle spinach on top, cover and cook additional 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add cheese. Serve over pasta.