Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
2 celery sticks
1 bell pepper
1 cup flour
1 lb lean stew meat
1 lb carrots
salt and pepper
red wine (optional)
1 tbs. Worcestershire sauce
1. Wash, peel, cut potatoes.
2. Place potatoes in water bowl.
3. Wash, peel, cut carrots.
4. Chop veggies.
5. Cut meat into cubes- trim any fat.
6. Season all sides of meat.
7. Flour on plate- season flour with salt and pepper. (Start fire- add olive oil)
8. Coat meat in flour.
9. Brown meat in pot on all sides.
10. Remove and place in glass plate.
11. Add olive oil if needed, then add veggies.
12. Mix, scrape, and stir at medium heat.
13. Brown veggies.
14. Add 4 cups of water and meat; add beef stock or red wine (1/2 cup).
15. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 30 minutes; add Worcestershire.
16. Add potatoes and carrots.
17. Bring heat up to high; cook for 30-45 minutes.