Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves: 16 biscuits
Dietary guidance: v
2 cups All-purpose flour
1 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar (optional)
1 tbsp Baking Powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup Grated low-fat cheddar cheese
1 cup low-fat sour cream
1/3 cup cooking oil
1. Combine powder ingredients and cheese in bowl and mix.
2. Form a well in the center.
3. Add sour cream and cooking oil.
4. Stir until just moistened.
5. Knead 6 times on a lightly floured surface.
6. Roll or pat out to 3/4 inch thick.
7. Cut into 2 inch circles with a biscuit cutter (I just cut into squares with a knife).
8. Arrange on greased baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
9. Bake at 450 F for 15 minutes until risen and golden.
1 biscuit = 1 serving
Nutritional Information (per serving) if NOT using low-fat products:
156 calories, 9.5 g Total fat, 271 mg sodium, 4 g protein, 14 g carbs, 1 g fibre.
W.W. Points (I calculated using the points values for low fat ingredients): 3 pts per biscuit.
From Company's Coming "The Rookie Cook"