Cooking time: 6-8min per batch
3/4 cup shortening (part butter or margarine)
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract (or lemon extract)
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
~ ICING ~
2 cup powder sugar
1/2 cup margarine
1 tbs milk
dab vanilla extract
1. Cream shortening, mix in sugar, eggs and vanilla.
2. Slowly stir in the flour, baking powder and salt until completely mixed. Form into ball and chill for at least 1h, or overnight.
3. Roll dough until 1/2 inch thick, cut shapes of all kinds and place onto ungreased baking pan.
4. Cook for 6-8min at 400F and place onto a flat surface to cool.
5. Mix icing ingredients until creamy. Add milk if needed. Separate into small bowls to color individually with food coloring. Apply to cooled cookies and enjoy!