Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 8-15 min
Dietary guidance: v
1 cup - rice (uncooked)
2 - tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 cup - cucumber, chopped
1 cup - red pepper
2 cups - baby spinach,
1 bunch - green onions, chopped
1 cup - chopped parsley
1/4 cup - fresh mint, finely chopped
1/2 cup - herb dressing
black pepper, to taste
You can make this recipe cold, but it also tastes nice when it's been heated up.
1. Cook rice according to the package directions
2. Mix rice with the tomatoes, red pepper, cucumber, spinach, and green onions.
3. Add the parsley and mint.
4. Stir in herb dressing and black pepper.
1. Cook rice according to package directions until it is soft and fluffy. Do not overcook.
2. While the rice is about five minutes away from being finished, heat up a sauce pan to a medium-low temperature. Lightly oil the pan with olive oil.
3. Add the tomato, cucumber, baby spinach, red pepper, green onions, and parsley into the pan and mix them together.
4. Allow the vegetables begin to cook until they lightly browned, mixing them constantly. Add the mint.
5. Check that the water in the rice has fully evaporated, then pour the rice into the pan with the vegetables. Mix them together before taking them off the heat.
6. Stir the dressing into the rice and vegetables and serve.