1 pack of dumpling wrappers
1 lbs ground pork/chicken/turkey/shrimp
1 package of "Wood ear mushrooms" (its like black fungi)
5 dried mushrooms
1 stalk of onion
1 tbs sesame oil
2 tbs soy sauce
Salt and pepper
1. Soak mushrooms in warm water for 5 minutes. Rinse mushrooms and sprinkle salt over them and soak again. Leave it soaking as you prepare the other ingredients.
2. Mince cabbage, wood ear mushrooms and onion stalks to very fine small pieces.
3. Squeeze water from mushrooms and mince as well. Keep 1/4 cup of the mushroom liquid.
4. Mix the minced ingredients together, then add into the ground meat. Mix and add the mushroom liquid.
5. Add soysauce, sesame oil, salt, and plenty of pepper!
6. Place filling inside dumpling wrappers, wet the wrapper edges with warm water and fold together.
7. Place finished wrapped dumplings into boiling water and wait a minute or two after it floats to the top of the water.
8. Enjoy with dumpling sauce or alone! :)
* You might want to taste-test one or two dumplings to see if you need to add more flavoring before wrapping all the other ones!
** If you find the cabbage too stiff to wrap, you may replace with napa cabbage OR steam the cabbage slightly to soften it.
*** If you like spicier dumplings, add chili sauce into the stuffing! :)