Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 8 minutes
Difficulty: Easy - for beginners
Dietary guidance: n
1/2 c. whipping cream
7-9 cups (apprx.) Flour
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp star anise(powder)
1/2 tsp allspice
2 tsp cardamon
1 tsp cinamon
1/2 tsp ginger
finely grated peel of 1 lemon
3 level tsp baking soda (disolved in a little hot water)
1) boil 1st 4 ingredients and cool to lukewarm. add lemon peel.
2) Mix spices and flour together.
3) add 1st mixture to flour and baking soda and knead well. This should make a stiff dough.
4) Roll 1/2"-3/4" thick rolls. Cut into 1/2" peices. Place cut side down on cookie sheet.
5) Bake 8 min 350 F oven 'till med. brown.