Preparation time: 20
Cooking time: 20
PREP TIME 20 Min
COOK TIME 20 Min
READY IN 40 Min
SERVINGS & SCALING
Original recipe yield: 4 servings
About scaling and conversions
* 6 ounces dry fettuccine pasta
* 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
* 6 tablespoons butter
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cooked and cubed
* 1cup sliced mushrooms
* 2 small zucchini, julienned(optional)
* 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
2. While pasta is cooking, melt cream cheese and butter in a skillet over low heat. Stir until smooth. Stir in milk, and season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Simmer for 3 minutes, or until thickened, stirring constantly.
3. Mix in chicken, mushrooms, zucchini, and red pepper. Cook 3 minutes over medium heat, then reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Serve over fettuccine.