Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Dietary guidance: v v
2 large tomatoes, cut in half crosswise
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 small garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1 small eggplant, but crosswise into 1/2 inch slices
1 zucchini, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch slices
1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and quartered
1 medium red onion, cut crosswise into 4 slices
1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese (Do not use for Vegan version)
1. To make the topping, cut a 1/2-inch slice from the rounded end of each tomato half. Chop the slices and transfer to a small bowl, Set the tomato halves aside. Stir in the basil, vinegar, oil, garlic, and 1/8 tsp of the salt. Set aside.
2. Spray the grill rack with non-stick spray; prepare the grill. Spray the cut sides of the tomato halves and eggplant with non-stick spray; sprinkle with the remaining salt. Place the tomato halves, eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper and red onion on the grill rack and grill the vegetables, in batches, until tender and evenly charred (~ 3 - 5 minutes per side).
3. Place the bell pepper in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let stand until cool enough to handle (~10 minutes). Peel off the blackened skin and cut the bell peppers into strips.
4. To make the stacks, arrange one quarter of the eggplant in a circle of overlapping slices on each of 4 plates. Top each circle with 1 tomato half and one quarter of the zucchini, red onion and bell pepper.
5. Sprinkle the cheese and topping over the stacks.
Nutritional Information per serving (1 stack with 2 tbsp feta cheese):
137 g Calories, 4 g Fat, 1 g Sat. Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 6 mg Cholesterol, 522 mg Sodium, 22 g Carbohydrates, 5 g Fibre, 6 g Protein, 105 mg Calcium
W.W. Points Per Serving: 2 points
(1 point if no cheese is used)
Recipe from Weight Watcher's Magazine - July/August 2006 Issue