Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Dietary guidance: v v
1 1/2 pounds fresh green beans
2 tsp olive oil
8 shallots, peeled and quartered lengthwise
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp fresh chopped thyme OR 1/2 tsp dried
1 tbsp grated lemon zest
1/2 tsp salt
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
2. Add the green beans; cover and return to a boil.
3. Cook, uncovered, until tender (~6-8 minutes).
4. Meanwhile, heat 1 tsp of the oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, just until tender (~6 minutes).
5. Add the garlic and thyme to the skillet; cook, stirring, until fragrant (~ 1 minute).
6. Remove the skillet from the heat.
7. Drain the beans in a colander; transfer into a large bowl.
8. Add the shallot mixture, lemon zest, salt, and the remaining 1 tsp of oil; toss well to coat.
9. Serve at once.
Nutritional Value per 3/4 Cup Serving:
55 Calories, 1 g Fat, 0 g Sat. Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 151 mg Sodium, 10 g Carbohydrates, 3 g Fibre, 2 g Protein, 44 mg Calcium
W.W. Points per 3/4 Cup Serving: 1
Recipe from Weight Watchers Magazine - Nov/Dec 2007 issue