Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 38 minutes
Dietary guidance: v v
1 1/2 pounds baby red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh thyme OR 3/4 tsp dried
3/4 tsp salt
6 tsp Olive Oil
3 (16 oz) packages fresh broccoli florets
5 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with olive oil non-stick spray.
2. Combine the potatoes, thyme, salt, and 2 tsp of the oil in a large bowl; mix well to coat.
3. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast 20 minutes. Turn and roast until tender and browned (~18-20 minutes longer).
4. Transfer to a large serving bowl to keep warm.
5. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
6. Add the broccoli and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well. Add to the potatoes.
7. Heat the remaining 4 tsp of oil in a small non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper; cook stirring constantly until fragrant (~1 minute).
8. Pour the garlic mixture over the potato mixture, tossing well to combine. Serve the salad warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional Information per 1 Cup Serving:
103 Calories, 3 g Fat, 0 g Sat. Fat, 0 g Trans Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 189 mg Sodium, 18 g Carbohydrates, 4 g Fibre, 4 g Protein, 68 mg Calcium
W.W. Points per 1 Cup Serving: 2
Recipe from Weight Watchers Magazine - Nov/Dec 2007 Issue
NOTE: Can include another vegetable like cauliflower if you want.