Preparation time: 10min
Cooking time: 15min
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 boneless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
2 cloves garlic, finely diced
4 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with 4 teaspoons water
1 cup canned pineapple chunks, drained with 1/2 cup reserved juice
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup chicken/ veggie stock
1. In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
2. Season chicken strips with salt and pepper and add to pan. Brown chicken and remove to plate.
3. In pan chicken was cooked in, add red peppers and garlic and cook for 3 minutes, over medium heat
4. Stir in pineapple chunks, juice, sugar, vinegar and chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
5. Simmer on low heat until sauce begins to reduce, about 5 min.
6. Stir in cornstarch mixture and bring liquid to a simmer.
7. Stir in chicken strips and cook for 5 minutes. Serve over rice.