Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 25 min
Dietary guidance: v
6 eggs (room temperature)
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup melted butter
500 ml (2 cups) of whipping cream
1 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp icing sugar
2 cups cleaned and chopped strawberries
a few whole strawberries
1/3 cup melted chocolate
1. Beat eggs at high speed until fluffy (about 5 minutes)
2. Add sugar and vanilla to the eggs and continue to beat until double in size (about 5 more minutes)
3. In a separate bowl mix flour and baking powder together
4. Fold flour mixture into egg mixture. add melted butter
5. Grease and flour two 9 inch round cake pans and pour the batter into them
6. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 or until a toothpick coumes out clear.
7. Let cool on a rake
1. Rinse a bowl in cold water, dry and add cream
2. Beat at high speed until soft peaks form
3. Add sugar and vanilla and continue to beat until hard peaks form.
4. Put half the cream aside.
5. Add the chopped strawberries and mix
1. Cut both cakes in half using a sting. This will make four layers.
2. Brush each layer with Cherry Kirsch
3. fill each layer with stawberries and cream mixture adding one ontop of the other.
4. Use the rest of the whipped cream to cover the top and sides of the cake.
5. Garnish with whole strawberries and chocolate drizzle