Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Dietary guidance: v
1 cup millet
1 1/2 cup water
1 tbsp olive oil
1 16 oz can pinto beans
1 16 oz can kidney beans
1 8 oz can tomato sauce
1 8 oz can tomato paste
2 16 oz cans diced tomatoes
2 medium sized red onions
2 cloves garlic
1 16 oz can creamed corn
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp chili powder (add even more if you like it super spicy!!!)
1 tbsp dried oregano
***garlic salt, pepper, and sugar to taste***
1. After washing the millet, place in a pot and cover with 2 cups water, bringing the millet to a boil. Reduce heat and cover, simmering for approximately 20 minutes. Keep your eye on the millet...you may need to add a bit more water while it's cooking!
2. In the meantime, chop the onions and saute in olive oil and 2 cloves of minced garlic for 5 minutes.
3. Add remaining ingredients to the onions, making sure to wash and drain the beans beforehand.
4. Once millet is cooked (should be light and fluffy like rice), add to the chili mixture, stirring well.
5. Let cook on low heat for 5-10 minutes, adding salt, pepper, and sugar to taste.
6. Serve with grated Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese with tortilla chips.