Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 25 min
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 pound uncooked Italian sausage
6 cups coarsely chopped kale leaves
1-1/4 cups hot chicken broth, divided
2 eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Heat olive oil in large pan. Add onion and cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender.
2. Break sausage into bites-size pieces and add to pan. Brown sausage on all sides, about 5 minutes over medium heat stirring frequently.
3. Add kale and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Stir, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until kale is tender.
4. Beat eggs with lemon juice in a bowl. Gradually add remaining 3/4 cups of chicken broth to egg mixture.
5. Pour egg mixture into kale and sausage mixture. Simmer over low heat 1 to 2 minutes or until egg sauce is slightly thickened making sure not to overheat causing the eggs to scramble.