Dietary guidance: v
1 tb. butter
1 large onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 head of cauliflower, outer leaves removed
4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
1/2 tsp. ground white pepper (or to taste)
1 tsp. sage
1 bay leaf
4 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
salt to taste
1. cut or break cauliflower (including the stock) into small florets.
2. in a large stock pot, melt butter over medium heat. add onions and garlic and sweat for approx. five minutes or until translucent
3. add cauliflower, vegetable stock (may not cover the cauliflower entirely), and seasoning.
4. cover and allow to simmer for 20 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft.
5. remove bay leaf and blend soup with a hand blender or food processor (if using a food processor, you can blend the cauliflower separately from the liquid and then combine them).
6. return to heat and add crumbled cheese, stirring until melted and fully incorporated.
7. add more water or stock, if desired. salt to taste